POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : interior statement. : Re: interior statement. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior statement.
From: Dave VanHorn
Date: 5 Jul 2002 11:20:14
Message: <3d25b92e@news.povray.org>
news:3D25B58A.71C425C7@gmx.de...

> Dave VanHorn wrote:
> >
> > I keep getting warnings that IOR should be specified in interior
statements,
> > but I have yet to see an example of how to do that, and I keep guessing
> > wrong.
> >
> > Any pointers?
>
> http://www.povray.org/working-docs/id000179.html

Thanks.
I didn't see that in the release version docs.

So I took that out of the finish statements, and put it in the object
statements, as shown.
It still seems like a "finish" element to me..
In the old system, I define a part, then I apply a finish that says what
sort of material it is, and wether or not it has any transparency.

Now, I have to define everything about transparency EXCEPT refraction in the
finish, and put the refraction in on the object itself.   Very messy for
making objects transparent in one render, and not in the next.